Thursday, May 12, 2005

Before Completion

Cathy just wrote back.
Re: Ever Feel Exploited?
I don't mind at all....
I added some comments to your blog.

C
NB: You should check out Cathy's comments. They're really funny.

This is the end of this weblog. And I promise, the final exam that I turn in will be my own.
But before I conclude:

____________________________________________

Hexegram 64: Wei Chi - Before Completion



Fire


Water

The Judgement

Before Completion. Success.
But if the little fox, after nearly completing the crossing,
Gets his tail in the water,
There is nothing that would further.

The Image

Fire over water:
The image of the condition before transition.
Thus the superior man is careful
In the differentiation of things,
So that each finds its place.

Hexagram? Where'd that come from? I haven't dealt with the I Ching in years and years. Just popped into my head to use the "Before Conclusion" hexagram to tie up this little package.

The Judgement indicates that I could get my tail dunked. Oh well. I'm too far into this now to turn back. We'll give that a big "come what may..." and thanks for putting up with this unorthodox approach.

And here's a stretch: the Image seems to be in agreement with how VS Ramachandran thinks about art. He calls art "visual foreplay before the climax of recognition." His concept of what art is is somewhat limited, but as he's a neuroscientist, I think we can cut him some slack. Here's a link a recent radio interview.
______________________________

Here's another pretty good squib for the art experience:
"Today, too, I experienced something I hope to understand in a few days."
---From the film The Perfect Human by Jørgen Leth, 1967

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home